Preventive Care, Diagnosis
- Professional Teeth Cleaning – We believe in the importance of regular preventive care. That’s why professional teeth cleaning with a preventive recall program tops our list of services. As a service to our patients, we have adopted a customized recall program. We perform periodontal screening and oral cancer screening on all of our patients.
- Dental Sealants – This treatment applies a plastic material to one or more teeth to help prevent cavities. Permanent molars are most likely to benefit from sealants. The first permanent molars come into the mouth usually when a child is six years old. Second permanent molars appear about age 12. It is best to apply the sealant after the teeth have erupted before they have a chance to decay.
- Mouth Guards – If you play an active contact sport (basketball, hockey, soccer, etc.), you should be wearing a mouth guard. While store-bought mouth guards are inexpensive, they provide less protection, are bulky and make talking difficult. Custom-fitted mouth guards are made in our office, offering you superior comfort and protection.
- Dentures – Our denture features IVOCAP, an injection molded acrylic that is superior in quality. Our dentures include premium quality denture teeth.
- Crowns – Crowns can be made with various materials, including all metal (sometimes gold alloys), all porcelain or zirconia. Dr. Davis will suggest what is best for your dental health and aesthetics.
- Digital Diagnostic X-rays – These x-rays offer immediate viewing of the imaged area with significantly less radiation exposure for the patient and better visualization of the area by allowing the enhancement of the image on the computer screen. No processing of chemicals and film is required, resulting in a more environmental healthy community.
- Intra-Oral Camera – Patients can see fine detail and have a better understanding of the condition of their teeth and gums.
- CEREC – This dental restoration device allows us to produce a ceramic (white) restoration using computer-assisted technologies like 3D photography and CAD/CAM. Teeth are restored in a single visit.
- Itero Digital System – This is an image scanning system for crowns and bridgework that records the images of the teeth into a computer and forwards that information via the Internet to a laboratory to construct the reconstruction. The patient is not required to have putty impression material in his or her mouth for five or more minutes as with traditional impressions. This eliminates the discomfort of impressions and re-impressions with no mess or gagging. This saves time for the dentist and patient with better fitting crowns. Remakes are less than one percent.
- Diagnodent – This is a non-invasive laser used for diagnosing tooth decay not visible to the eye and to the dental explorer. It works by scanning a tooth and measuring fluorescence inside that tooth. The measurement is expressed into a numeric value that relates the likelihood of decay.
- Tooth-colored fillings
- Fixed bridgework
- Porcelain veneers
- Implant supported dentures
- Removable partial dentures
Get to Know Me Better…
You need to feel comfortable with your dentist. To help get to know each other more completely, I’ve got two methods for you.
(1) Go even deeper into the heart of my dental practice, by reading “Why I Became a Dentist” on my Davis Dental Diary blog.
(2) Listen to “High Tech Dentistry: Interview with Dr. James Lynn Davis, DMD” audio podcast on BlogTalkRadio (about 26 minutes in length). I explain how I got into dentistry, what’s new in dental services, and how high tech devices give patients more comfort and better results.
Need more information?
Use the form below to submit your remarks and we’ll get right back to you.